We had plans for a considerable kitchen remodeling project. That project entailed the removal of an existing (full) bath to make the kitchen larger. We found a couple of closets in an addition that we could tear out and add a new wall to make a decent sized bath.

Photo: Two closets to remove

Finding the space to put in the new bath was the easy part!  The demolition would be straightforward, but laborious. All I needed to do was tojust take out a couple closets and walls, right?

The demolition did prove to be fairly straight forward,even if it did take a little longer than planned.  It was good to see the walls removed and easier to visualize what the new space was going to look like.  It did require us to move the washer back downstairs after we had moved it upstairs a couple years ago.  We left the dryer where it was since I had rewired it to the current location.  Note to self -- having the washer and dryer in different locations is a real pain.  It got worse, that that's another story.
Photo: Closets removed

With the walls down, it was clear there was a lot of work to be done in order to make this a nice bath.  One of the first things would be to finish removing the framing and drywall on the wall and exterior wall sides, as well as add a window on the exterior wall so natural light could get in.

Stay tuned -- the next steps of the project are soon to follow.  Luckily, I remembered to photograph most of the project!

1 comments

Mom and Pop said... @ October 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Looks like a great start, can't wait to see the final product.

Post a Comment